When Is the Best Time to Replace an Asphalt Driveway?

Home page Forums Locations Forum When Is the Best Time to Replace an Asphalt Driveway?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ryanharris
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I’ve been thinking about when the best time is to replace an asphalt driveway, and I could really use some advice. Our current driveway is showing its age with lots of cracks and potholes, and I’m wondering if it’s finally time to take the plunge and get it redone. I’ve heard that a well-maintained asphalt driveway can last about 20 years, but ours is at least that old, maybe older. Is there a particular season that’s better for replacing it? I’ve read that summer is ideal because the warm weather helps the asphalt set properly, but what if we can’t get it done until fall or spring? Also, I’ve been considering using recycled asphalt for the new driveway to be more environmentally friendly and possibly save on costs. Has anyone tried a recycled asphalt driveway, and if so, how does it compare to using new materials? I’m especially interested in knowing if recycled asphalt holds up well over time and if there are any significant differences in maintenance or durability. Any advice on timing, materials, and the overall replacement process would be really helpful.
    Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.